Friday 10 August 2007

CREATIONFEST '07







We're back from Creationfest '07. We had a blast! The camping was the roughest bit of camping I have ever done, but we still survived. In the end we had 34 people with us, including 3 children under 10, the youngest of which was a 2 year old. (No, we did not take Aleah with us...she was saved the chaos by Dean's parents.)
We loaded up to mini-buses and and our van with people and camping gear by 10:30am Friday (8/3) and arrived in Woolacombe, Devon around 3:45pm. It was then 'all hands on deck' to set up all the tents and start the dinner arrangements. We were camped on a beautiful HILLSIDE farm with the bare essentials: 2 showers per gender (for the whole campsite), and about 7 port-a-loos on a hill! Let the fun times roll!!!
The festival itself was great! Lots of things for everybody to do, seminars, concerts, bouncy castles, kids club etc. It rained Friday night and all morning on Saturday. Not a heavy rain, more like being inside a big cloud rain. It brightened up around midday on Saturday and by the time RU went on stage it was beautiful. The team drew a big crowd and looking around many people were moved by their message, including some of the youth we had with us. One of the girls with us dedicated her life to Christ that afternoon! Praise the Lord! We had a lovely time around the campfire introducing yet even more English people to the great American S'mores!!
Sunday was a beautiful sunny day so we decided to hit the beach! It seems as if everybody in the UK had the same idea, because it was packed!!! I have never in my life seen a beach and sea as crowded as the one we were at on Sunday! There were surfers, body boarders, skim boarders, and swimmers everywhere! I felt sorry for the lifeguards, because you couldn't see 2 feet in between everybody. The team had to go back to the Festival for a show at 5 so half of us headed back to get showered and the rest stayed at the beach for a little while longer.
Around this time I had developed a pretty bad headache and was really hoping for some rest out of the sun, but due to their only being 2 showers and a time limit on getting back to the Festival, I was unable to get that rest. (I had also forgotten to eat or drink properly, looking after so many people.) When I got to the Festival with the team I had developed a migraine due to dehydration, but I couldn't leave the kids until Dean showed up with the rest of our group. In the end Dean found me exactly at the point I burst into tears and exclaiming that I was not feeling well. He then had to drop everything to take me to the paramedic's station where I stayed for the next hour vomiting in between them trying to stuff food and water in my face. Dean was eventually able to get me back to our tent so I could sleep it off. The fun doesn't stop there....I just have to go now, it's late and I have to pack a picnic lunch for our day trip tomorrow.
STAY TUNED FOR THE REST OF THIS STORY

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun, but busy time. So sorry that you got sick Kris. That's no fun, especially when you're in charge of so many things including your little ones. Glad you guys are back safe and sound at home. Enjoy your picnic lunch!
PS-Get some rest now. :)