Thursday 31 January 2008

Grandpa Bates has 'fallen asleep'

My grandfather (Grandpa Bates) passed away on Monday night. He had lived a very long and happy life, and seems to have 'fallen asleep'. I am sad that I haven't seen him in over a year, but am rejoicing in the fact that I will see him again in heaven. He was a man who loved the Lord and served God most of his life. He leaves behind his dear wife, and 3 sons, plus grandchildren, and many great grandchildren. All who know him have fond memories of him. My two oldest children remember laughing the las time they saw him as he was pretending to use his walking sitck as a rifle and played 'cops and robbers' with Samuel on our last visit.

Samuel's (6 year old son) initial response to the news of his great Grandfather's death...."Wow...he was nearly 100 years old!" and "I can't believe I know someone in heaven now!"

Please keep the family in your prayers. I will be taking Aleah with me to Florida for the funeral and to spend some time with my grandmother. We leave Saturday (2/2) and return the following Saturday.

No comments: