Monday 7 April 2008

Can you believe it?!

It is April, and I know that the saying is 'April showers bring May flowers' but what I want to know is....what does April snow bring???? Sunday morning Abby came running into my bedroom, lifted up the blind and said 'Look everybody...it's snowing again!'. With that I pulled the duvet over my head and exlaimed...'That's it! I'm hibernating!' I can't believe that 2 days ago I had flip flops on!


So, Dean and the kids got their clothes and coats, and welli boots on and went out to gather up as much snow as they could for a snowball fight. As you can see, Samuel is a wee bit excited!


Abigail managed to make a snowman ....his name is 'Bob'. He sat on our windowsill for most of the day but the sun did come out and Bob slowly melted away. Abby just checked on him (Monday morning) and was excited to see a blob of ice...he lives!

Aleah woke up and when she came out into the kitchen she started exlaiming...'thnow! thnow!' She stood on the window ledge and just stared with amazement!








Many people who knew how upset I was about the snow on Easter greeted me this morning at church with an apology for the weather. It's nice to know they care!

Although I do much prefer sun in April and am craving some warmer weather right now I was reminded through a song at church that morning that the Lord's name is blessed no matter what.





1 comment:

Kelli said...

Poor Kristine! I really do feel for you. I have to hand it to you...putting up with the cold weather. I wish I could bottle up some FL sunshine and send it to you. Won't be long.