Thursday 9 July 2009

Summer Fun

Okay, so when it's HOT and there's no air-conditioning, and you don't have a garden (yard) to let you kids go let off some steam...what do you do?!? You buy a paddling pool, stick it on the roof, and see how many of your kids you can fit in it!!!



Well, I must say that the pool was actually smaller than I thought it would be, it's really a baby pool that can be used indoors as a ball pit or outdoors as a pool. BUT that did not stop my almost 11 year old daughter from trying to get in it with her toddler sister, which then prompted Sam to go for a dip as well!! Now the question that should be on your mind is ...is Levi in that pool too??? CAN YOU SPOT HIM???




Other things we've been up to...

Going to a school fair and having fun with animals...note to self: Next time, remember that you are allergic to Guinea Pig hair before you pick them up and help your kids hold them and then rub your itchy eyes...!!!!






Oh yes, one more thing....HAPPY BELATED 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!


Aleah, Sam, and I painted a Flag to put up in our kitchen. (Sam was off school sick one day, but not quite sick enough to stay in bed.)It is an accurate representation of the flag my kids will tell you - 50 stars for the 50 states, and 13 stripes for the 13 originals colonies. Dean put a stop to them learing the pledge of allegiance!






Aleah made an Independence Day wreath for our front door.




Cupcakes that we took on our picnic with friends of ours who are Americans living over here. (NOT and accurate representation, I know, but there were only 2 families, and my tray was only so big!)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Way to go Kris! Glad your 1/2 American children are learning about their mother's countrie's birthday. =) The cupcakes look yummy, I love the sign on the door and your flag is glorious!

I'm still smiling after viewing the pictures of the paddling pool on your roof. I'd be doing the same thing!!! Did not spot Levi though. Was he in it? Too funny.

The Dryden Family said...

Levi was...not in the pool, he was tucked away sleeping in his cot. I'm sure at some point in the summer he will be in the pool, just not with everyone else!!