Wednesday 22 July 2009

Summer Plans





So here it is...'The List' - all the things my (oldest 2) kids want to do this summer. I saw this idea on another blog and I can't remember where (sorry). Basically, you just let the kids write down all the things they would like to do over the summer - 'anything goes'...explain to them that you might not do EVERYTHING on the list (ie - Sam listed not taking a bath for 4 weeks!) but the goal is to see how many things you might actually tick off by the end of the summer.

Abby and Sammy each made their own list and then I compiled the two so that it was legible and added a few of my own ideas. We now have them stuck on our hallway wall and as we do things the kids can tick the boxes.

It was interesting to see what they each came up with. Abigail's had a lot of items to do with food, and Samuel was a bit more eclectic. I'll try and do a follow up post to show how much of our list we accomplished. Stay tuned!

Interesting enough, this is what our summer schedule is based on currently -



We are hosting a Christian dance team, 'Refined Undignified', for about 4 weeks. They are going around dancing and sharing the Gospel all over London. It has been Dean's job to arrange all of these 'gigs' and they are keeping him pretty busy. You can find out more about them through 'facebook' or 'youtube'. If I had more time and knowledge I could provide you with a link to some of their stuff but it is really late and guess what!? - I have more laundry to do!!!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Love the list idea. =) We'll have to try that one. For your sake though, I hope Sam does take a bath! (ha)