Thursday 6 March 2008

Book Day







Today was World Book Day.At school the children had to come dressed up as their favourite book character.















Abigail chose Pippi Longstocking and Samuel chose The Gruffalo. Two fanstastic characters if you know anything about them, and if you don't you should look them up!
























Well, I must say that I am very thankful for hot glue guns and duct tape! I spent most of Wednesday with the glue gun! I must say my kids looked fantastic!


One great thing was that I didn't have to stick any freckles on Abby's face...although she did think about adding a few more with brown pen! We did put wire clothes hangers through her braids to make them flick out, poor thing, it was not without a few pokes to the head! After I fixed the wire in her hair she then informed that it was her PE day and she would have to change for Cricket! YIKES! She managed with the help of her teacher and at the end of the day her hair was just as flicked out as when she left the house.




Samuel was the only Gruffalo in the whole school! He did a great job protecting his purple prickles all day. He did loose a few of his turned out toes, though! I had glued some cardboard toes onto the outside of brown socks (which he was wearing over his shoes). They came off during the lunchtime play, and although his teacher did allow him and a friend to go back out and look for them, they only found three toes.






















Neither of my children won the class prize...much to my dismay, especially for Sam's costume. But they are both winners to me!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

LOVE the costumes Kris. Hats of to you! They look too cute. =)