Friday 6 June 2008

Calming down

Things are beginning to calm down here a bit, which is very nice I must say! Dean is not constantly sat a the computer or burying his head in books. The kids are getting used to having Daddy around a bit more. School is back in session...6 weeks and counting! I know all of my American friends and family are already enjoying the summer holidays...we'll get there. This last part of the term is filled with extra things like - Summer Fairs, Dance/Music Recitals, special field trips, Abby's class will even be having an overnight trip in July! Imagine camping with 30 8/9 year olds!! NO THANK YOU!!!

The kids are starting the countdown for our big family vacation to Florida!!! We are all so very excited to be able to spend some time with our much loved and missed USA family. Abby and Sam have started making lists of the cereals they want for breakfast, and the restaurants they want to eat at! (Sound like they don't get fed here in London, doesn't it!?)

The weather is still a bit dodgy here! It rained for most of the beginning of the week, and I had to put the heating back on for a bit. Yesterday was beautiful sunshine and it looks like it's going down hill today. It's OK, 6 weeks until I'm enjoying HOT sun!

Not much else going on right now, but I thought that I'd touch base and let you all know that we are still alive!

No comments: