Tuesday 27 May 2008

Cookie dough fun!


So the kids are off of school for the week (1/2 term), Dean is studying for his final, and I am busy, busy, busy keeping everyone entertained and happy. Today I promised Abigail that after our trip to the market we could bake something. She wanted to make 'Grandma's Speciality'- cinnamon buns, but it sounded like too much work for me. We compromised and made chocolate chip cookies. I had Samuel and Aleah happily playing with playdo at the table (at least for a little while), and Abs and I were getting on with it. I found a baking tray that a friend gave me that makes star-shaped cookies on a stick. They didn't turn out too bad. I could only put the stick in half of the stars because with all the sticks in it wouldn't fit in my oven.



Towards the end, Sam and Aleah became more interested in the cookies than playdo. They each wanted a turn to scoop out some cookies...Aleah also noticed that Abby kept dipping her fingers into the mixture so she thought she would have a go. Then Abby, who was in an incredibly weird mood, stuck a chocolate chip on her nose and of course her siblings followed...encouraged by their Dad who was on a five minute break from studying!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Look like fun! Silly kiddos.