Thursday 30 October 2008

Autumn Fun








This week is half-term which means that the kids have the week off school. It has also turned VERY cold here, and isn't much fun to be outside. We've had a day of entertaining guests, and helping out another family by watching their kids. Today we went on a pumpkin hunt. Yes, we've left it a little late to get out pumpkins and after striking out at 2 stores, Abigail spotted some pumpkins outside a small fruit and veg shop.
We don't celebrate Halloween as a rule, but we do find carving pumpkins an enjoyable activity. I do encourage the kids to be creative with their designs and not do 'scary' faces...although boys will be boys. Here's a few pictures of the kids working on their masterpieces.

Later today I enjoyed a moment of pride as all three of my kids independently sat down to play a game together. Oh, the joy of motherhood!

(The pictures aren't where they should be, there was a problem when trying to edit them, but I'm sure you can figure it out.)

2 comments:

Judy said...

What great pictures! Looks like a lot of fun. I could only find a little pumpkin. I could use a little help carving it tonight. I look forward to playing some games with the children. Love you all, Grandma

Kelli said...

Love the pics Kris. Looks like they had lots of fun!:)