Sunday 22 March 2009

Happy Mother's Day


Today is Mothering Sunday in the UK. Also known as Mother's Day. I was woken by the scufflings of some excited children being organised by their father. A little while after a few discussions of who was going to carry what, they all walked into the bedroom to wish me a very happy Mother's Day. Abigail had made me a card and a cup of tea (I love that she is old enough to be able to do this without fear of hurting herself), Samuel buttered the toast, Aleah helped me drink my orange juice, Dean 'made' me flowers (and gave me a gift card to one of my favourite stores),and Levi smiled and cooed. It was a lovely way to wake up.

We went out for lunch after church with Dean's family, and throughout the day my children expressed their love for me in various ways. I received many kisses and cuddles from all of my beautiful children. What blessing they are!

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Psalm 127:3

3 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. What a lovely mother you are! (From one who takes great joy in being your Mom)

Kelli said...

Oh, Happy Mother's Day Kris. I never knew it was a different day than us, but I'm glad you had a happy one. =)

Kelli said...

I awarded you a Kreativ Award on my blog. Go visit and scroll down a few posts. You can copy and paste the picture. =) Have a great day Kris!