Monday 5 April 2010

Easter fun!

The Lord is Risen - Christ has risen indeed! We try and focus the children on the meaning and purpose of Easter, as well as have a little 'fun' on the side. Abigail made an Easter card for us encouraging us to remember the real reason for Easter - but as she stated in her card 'she likes to fill her gob with chocolate too!' Oh, the honesty of an 11yr old! After the events of the weekend we didn't have much time together as a family so we were quite happy to hang out together today. We had a good clearing out session of the kids rooms this morning. I had promised the kids an egg hunt so that's what we did. The kids hunted for boiled/dyed eggs, plastic eggs with coupons inside, and an Easter basket each. I was quite surprised when my chocoholic daughter said she thought the coupons were better than getting eggs with chocolate inside them. In case your wondering, I put slips of paper inside the eggs that read things like: -get out of one chore free -good for 1 glass of diet coke -my choice for dinner (from our kitchen) -breakfast in bed -good for a wrestling session with daddy (when he's available) -DVD watching of my choice -Game of my choice The kids all had a great time, and next year Levi will not be content to just observe!

No comments: